Monday, December 30, 2019

Fun with Watercolors Market Square

A trip to Williamsburg, VA this Christmas, gave me an opportunity to paint on location at the Market Square.  With my travel palette, water, brushes, Dot Spray Bottles I set up a location near the center of the Market Place and found a place to do a watercolor sketch of the location.  The weather was clear and crisp and a good view was there to paint.  The Dot Spray Bottles were used to show how to make texture in the tree leaves by spraying clear water and paint in the bottle when the shine of the watercolor went away.  This is the timing to add water or paint to produce a blossom on the painting which as the unique characteristic of rough texture of the leaves on a tree. I was able to video tape the sketch and capture some of the techniques and brush strokes up close.


I am sharing this video on my Facebook Group - Fun With Watercolors.  I have added a sketch and photo reference in my website to be downloaded and used to paint-along with me.  I encourage the Group to download and share their paintings to provide a dialog of art knowledge and learning experience.

Link to Face Book Group Fun with Watercolors:





Link to the video Fun with Watercolors – Market Square:



Link to the downloadable sketch Market Square Sketch:

www.everettswatercolors.com/FunwithWatercolors.html

No comments:

Post a Comment